Profile Chair of Materials Science
- We are nationally leading and internationally recognised research institution in the field of heat treatment of metallic materials, especially light alloys.
- The focus is on scientific methodological competence based on the interrelationships between materials, manufacturing processes, material structures and properties.
- We conduct basic and application-oriented research for lightweight construction and medical technology.
- Our materials science expertise is the basis for sustainable interdisciplinary networking with research institurions and industrial partners.
- In doing so, we safeguard and promote the principles of good scientific practice at the University of Rostock.
- Our teaching programme imparts materials science competencies in the Bachelor's and Masters's degree programmes in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
- We teach our students scientific methodological competence based on the relationships between materials, manufacturing processes, material structures and properties.
- In doing so, we guide our students to independet scientific work.
Contact data can be found on this page.